The old 16th century quire screen was replaced in 1681 by the current screen. The new screen is made of oak and stands on two flagstones.
Church warden Cornelis Schellinger's words are displayed in the frame of the screen:
'T Misbruyck in Godes Kerck allengskens ingebracht; Is hier weer afgedaen in tiaer seventich acht XVc
(''The prolonged misuse of God's church was here undone in the year seventy eight XVc')
The other side of the screen bears the words:
Men moet om godes dienst en kenniss' reyn te houwen op 's woords gront nu voortaan geen menschen instel bouwen
('In order to keep religion and knowledge pure according to the word, one must no longer make unto thee any graven image ' see: the ten commandments)
It reminds us still of the Alteration of 1578, when the Protestants took over the Catholic Church.
Part of the screen was painted white in 1868, but this was removed in 1911.